PDA

View Full Version : Say Hello To My Little Friend

Don Hamilton Jr.
04-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Late this pm, West sun to my back. 99% full frame,crop slight amount of very bottom,no room left rt to lt.:)
Canon 7d
500 Plus 1.4 EXTCII
F8
1/1250
Manual
Iso 400
Flash
Eval metering -.33

Myer Bornstein
04-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Don
No picture

Ray Rozema
04-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Perfect eye contact and detail in the eyes. Good exposure Would add a little canvas to the left side.
Look like a some clone artifact in the bottom
TFS

Bob Decker
04-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Wow, love how those eyes engage the viewer. Good looking image.

Lance Peters
04-03-2010, 10:11 PM
hi don - lots to like here - those eye's that stare - a little tight on the LHS and does appear to be some cloning remnants down the bottom - always best to disclose any cloning work when posting.
Techs look solid :)

Julie Brown
04-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Don, those eyes are mesmerizing and I like the head and feather detail. I immediately noticed the cloning artifacts at the bottom. I would also like to see the feet, but sometimes you can't get the optimal angle. As you know, I would be thrilled to see this bird in the field.:D

Dave Mills
04-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Hi Don, Good comments above and agree with more room on left and for my taste a bit off the top...

Alfred Forns
04-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Hi Don Agree on the cloning part, keep an eye for repeating patterns !!

Great looking bird, well exposed and sharp ! Softer light would have been the ticket here, might work on the legs highlights! Would give a little more room around the bird !!

Troy Lim
04-04-2010, 01:18 PM
A bit tight of the shot, and around the legs, a bit hot. Other than that, it is a keeper.

Mark Young
04-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Awesome stare! Those eyes look great! Very nice pose and low angle.
The Spot Healing Brush in PS will sort out those clone/cut and paste lines and will also help you to hide the repeating vegetation making it appear more natural.

Don Hamilton Jr.
04-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Thks guys, sorry, i did clone out some tissue paper that was just in front of the nest.. i didn't want to disturb, or approach nest, so i cloned it off the lower corner.
Thks for the Kudos... Does anyone know how to visually sex this birds, I'm thinking the mom is padding the nest!
TFS everyone! Mark, where can i read about the spot healing brush and how it works?
Don

Don Hamilton Jr.
04-05-2010, 07:26 AM
Thks Al, what causes this, as i've seen this when cloning, it's almost like it copies something, and pastes it , also i noticed that sometimes, you can select a brush, and you have your small circle, select color to replace, and then a cross hair pops up, and copies stuff. Is this a software glitch, or a wrong preference selected?:cool: thks don

Mark Young
04-12-2010, 11:32 PM
TFS everyone! Mark, where can i read about the spot healing brush and how it works?
Don

Sorry that I didn't get back to you earlier Don, last week was a really busy one.

I'll did some work using the Spot healing Brush on your image last week. Iirc I just did it on the ground and where the cloning of the birds right leg can be seen. This worked out very well to remove the cropping(?) lines and give it a more natural look. However it wont sort out the issue with the tail, that's a different story altogether.

I'll post the repost when I get home tonight, with a run down of what I've done. I find this tool is very good for getting rid of little annoying hard to correct spots. I tend to use it quite a lot for fixing some problems.