PDA

View Full Version : I am Watching YOU

Paul Marcellini
04-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Finally got to take some pics of these guys up in Cape Coral a few weeks ago. Got some typical poses but noticed how these grasses framed this guy when he ducked down and tried to get a unique take. I was thinking of cropping in just a little, I do have the mp to spare.

5d2, 100-400
Lens (mm): 400
ISO: 200
Aperture: 5.6
Shutter: 1/1000
Exp. Comp.: +0.3

Ofer Levy
04-03-2010, 06:18 PM
I like the composition and the idea behind this image. Just whish there weren't oof leaves hiding the bird.

Joe Senzatimore
04-03-2010, 07:32 PM
I think cropping a bit would make an already sweet image even better. Just love these guys.

Deborah Hanson
04-03-2010, 07:58 PM
I like the image as is - OOF leaves and crop included. Really nice different image.
Deb

Scott Grant
04-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Hi Paul!

Fun little creatures to photograph!

I really like the approach you've taken in making this image. I do like the image as presented but do wish for a larger opening between the blades of grass to frame your subject. That being said i would still be proud to call it my own. :)

Is is just me or does the image need a slight CW rotation? the eyes look level. maybe the ground was tilted slightly?

All the best!

Markus Jais
04-04-2010, 01:24 AM
Very good idea very well executed. I like the placement of the owl in the frame and the eye contact.

Markus

Phil Ertel
04-04-2010, 06:14 AM
Hi Paul, I really like this image. The angle of capture and the resulting perspective is appealing to me. My opinion (for what that is worth) is that your composition works very well. The owl peaking through the grass establishes a mood of hesitancy and stealth which holds my interest. Well seen and captured! Thanks for sharing.