PDA

View Full Version : Books

John Wilkerson
01-03-2008, 03:57 AM
Hi guys,
I'm just moving into bird photography and I am in need of the names of some good
books on the subject. I need to learn from the basics on up. I have shot some birds already but really want to learn the right way.

John
www.wilkersonphotography.com

Gyorgy Szimuly
01-03-2008, 06:41 AM
You are on one of the best place to learn I guess :)
Anyway while I haven't ordered my copy from Artie I would recommend this material to go through:
The Art of Bird Photography II (on CD only) (http://www.birdsasart.com/ABPII.htm)

I have a copy of the first printed edition and it was a great pleasure to read it through. Lots of learning possibilities. And again, being deeply involved in those forums like this is a nice addition based on my own experience.

Good luck: Szimi;)

James Shadle
01-03-2008, 09:17 AM
"Birds As Art" the original, is also an outstanding book.
I cut my "photographic" teeth on it.
Click our "Field Store" button to visit Artie's store.

James

George DeCamp
01-03-2008, 09:37 AM
"Birds As Art" the original, is also an outstanding book.
I cut my "photographic" teeth on it.
James

Ditto, still on my shelf! :)

John Wilkerson
01-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Thanks a lot guys. I have looked for the book but being out of print I have not been able to get a copy. The new one on CD have any of you seen it? I intend on ordering it although I would love if it was in print. Thanks for the replies.

Gyorgy Szimuly
01-03-2008, 04:27 PM
The Birds as Art was written before the boom of the digital revolution although Artie touching it slightly.
The CD deals heavily with digital life. I would also love to have it printed but things are changing too fast around us so to avoid reading out of date tech spec the CD release has sense.
Szimi

David Hunter
01-03-2008, 09:09 PM
I recently got the CD book and it is wonderful. There is a lot of information in the book. I've been using some of the photoshop techniques on my home PC while referenceing the ebook on my Apple laptop. It also has two display modes which I've found very helpful for looking at the wonderful pictures.

Arthur Morris
01-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Hi Guys, The original book (the classis how-to bible..) is temporarily out of print. (30,000 sold...) I am having it reprinted myself. It should be available in about two months. There was one listed on Amazon.com the other day for 274 British pounds. Pretty flattering... ABP II, the all-new continuation is and will always be available only on CD. At 916 pages with 900 images you would not be able to lift the book. We have sold more than 2,500 in a year and have received only rave reivews....

Later and love, artie

Alfred Forns
01-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Go for the CD !!!!

John Wilkerson
01-04-2008, 12:50 AM
Im going for the cd but will be interested in the book when it returns. Your website and book was highly recommended by a friend of a friend Charlie Jarman.