PDA

View Full Version : End of the Day Daffodils

Julie Kenward
04-02-2010, 09:10 PM
We really got pounded here today - had almost 70 mph straight winds during a mid-morning storm. Luckily, the daffodils held up to the beating and I got out tonight right at the end of dusk to make a few images.

I intensified the greens and darkened the image a bit (except for the flower area) to intensify the dramatic effect in pp.

Canon 40D, EF 100mm f/2.8 macro
f4 @ 1/125th, ISO 200
Manual mode, pattern metering, cloudy WB,
Handheld (pretty much lying on the ground!)

Markus Jais
04-03-2010, 12:42 AM
I like the green, they have a wonderful color in this shot. Great composition. I might darken the pale yellow parts of the flower a tiny bit.

Markus

Stuart Frohm
04-03-2010, 05:34 AM
Thanks for posting this beautiful image, with nice depth of field.
With no center post, my new-to-me tripod's legs can be extended very wide, allowing camera placement very close to the ground.
That should allow me to capture maximum depth of field in situations like this one.

denise ippolito
04-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Jules, I like the composition and the dark green foliage. I also like that the daff. seems to have a spotlight effect.

Anita Bower
04-03-2010, 05:41 PM
I like this Daffodil emerging from the dark amidst the green. Lovely composition. I like the diagonals. :)

Roman Kurywczak
04-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Hey Jules.....killer light and BG....softness is just right....may have preferred the whole flower open.....but the bud closing works too.