PDA

View Full Version : Zoom Blur - GBH

Cheryl Slechta
04-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Artie, I just saw your sandhill and this doesn't hold a candle to it but I guess I was doing the same thing on the 31st (without your success:o). I tried a zoom blur but twisted to the right while I was zooming in. I like the way
the bottom turned out, but don't like the arcs in the bg on the right hand side. I thought I'd post it anyway.

Manual, 1/4 sec., f/25, ISO 100

Thanks for looking:)

Mark Fuge
04-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Nice image and application, Cheryl.

You're your best and worst critic! So I won't hit you again.

A flash as Artie used on his blur would have froze the head. But the overall effect you have is nice. Just need Practice, Practice, Practice! ;) :D ... As do we all! ;)

denise ippolito
04-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Cheryl, I agree w/ you. The bottom is fantastic. I think if you cloned w/ a soft brush at around 30% opacity you could eliminate those lines in the top right. Just make your brush strokes to follow the straight line from the center out. You could try to add a layer and define the smaller head a bit more and tone down the second eye in the larger head. Overall I think it has a ton of potential and is lovely. Great job:)

Paul Lagasi
04-03-2010, 06:12 AM
Cheryl...nice job, the GBH turned out really well..TFS

Nicki Gwynn Jones
04-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Cheryl, I too think that this has loads of potential - I particularly like the LLC and the colours are really wonderful. I think that Denise has some sound advice above. Definitely worth a little tweaking :D
Best,
Nicki

Indranil Sircar
04-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Nice composition, Cheryl. I like the colors and zoom effect.

Arthur Morris
04-04-2010, 01:10 PM
The more you try and the more you make the better you will get. :)

What lens???