PDA

View Full Version : What ever you think of me as a Photographer, I wlll be better tomorrow

william henderson
04-02-2010, 05:27 PM
I started thinking about this journey of 30 years, going back to the 70's when I used a Yashica TL Super SLR and photographed a lamp post one night after a snow storm. When I got the chromes back, I loved the image, thought it was the best one I had ever taken. By today's standard it is poor, but I can still recall the feeling I had and the excitement of having captured a great image. The camera cost less than $100 at the PX, and I thought I had a camera that would be with me for the rest of my life.

Anyway, I started thinking about this and wrote a short essay on my journey since then and observations looking back: http://wowclicks.typepad.com/wm_j_henderson_photograph/2010/04/whatever-you-think-of-me-as-a-photographer-i-will-be-a-better-one-tomorrow.html

Myer Bornstein
04-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Amen

David Stephens
04-06-2010, 11:44 AM
Nice blog and that post in particular; however, I'd suggest that you go back to using paragraphs, since it's so much easier for us readers. ;)

Dave

william henderson
04-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Thanks, you are right. Just got a notice from the publisher of this forum to discontinue posting links to the blog, seems that is prohibited? They also asked me take the links to my website, podcast, and blog out of my profile. Guess I wear a bag when I write.

Fabs Forns
04-08-2010, 01:00 PM
William, you are using this website to divert traffic to your Blog, without the courtesy of participating in any other way, let alone becoming a member.
We are not your traffic providers.
If you really want to share your experience, copy and paste your text here, and that will be perfectly OK.
BTW, Forum participants are not allowed signatures or links to their website, that is a privilege reserved from members.

william henderson
04-08-2010, 01:44 PM
I thought I was a member? I thought I did pay? Is that not on file? If a member you can have links etc.

Fabs Forns
04-08-2010, 02:23 PM
An occasional link, William, is no problem for anyone. No one bother you for the first couple, although technically speaking, they are spam.
But this is becoming a pattern of daily or every other day posting links to divert traffic from here.
Membership will not grant you that.
As a member, you can have two links on your signature for personal promotion. Members participate.
Using us as your traffic provider is not a privilege for anyone.

william henderson
04-08-2010, 02:45 PM
That gives me a better understanding, and seems to be fair. I did use links simply to be expedient, so pasting a copy of the content is not a problem. I did not know of the link sensitivity, having seen links on the threads, maybe my fault for not reading the rules. My podcast does not always relate to this forum, however, in May I will be doing one with Artie, and I would appreciate permission to post for readers. It will be on iTunes so if that is not appropriate, it could be found there. As you probably know iTunes does not have a link ability so a "Feed link" for listening must come from the player on the blog. Unless, you have a player HTML on this website, that I could simply drop it in.

Fabs Forns
04-08-2010, 02:52 PM
That will be fine, William. Glad you understood I was no going after you just because.
I understand your Blog is very interesting, copying the info here will not hurt you.

Have a great evening and glad things are in the clear now :)

william henderson
04-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Thanks, I'm fine with this