PDA

View Full Version : Blur #1 – Tree Canopy

Mark Fuge
04-02-2010, 05:01 PM
This image was taken at Ding Darling NWR this week. It is a blur of a tree canopy along the refuge road. I was interested in the play of light and colors with the sunlight coming through the tree canopy. This outing was my first attempt at artistic blurs, using the 1/8 shutter speed specified.

Modifications were very simple. The only thing I did was Vibrance & Saturation along with Brightness & Contrast adjustment.

Shooting Data
Camera - Canon EOS 5D
Tv - 1/8Sec.
Av – f/14
Modes - Evaluative
Compensation - 0
ISO - 100
Lens - EF80-200mm f/2.8L
Focal Length - 80 mm

Enjoy!

Arthur Morris
04-02-2010, 05:14 PM
It looks a little like green fireworks. Any birds there?

denise ippolito
04-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Mark, Good for you getting your feet wet w/ artistic blurs. With your abstract talent this should be a new love for you. Great looking colors and light.

Cheryl Slechta
04-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Mark, great looking blur. It looks like either green fireworks or fountains:)

Mark Fuge
04-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Thanks Artie, Cheryl and Denise for viewing and comments.

Not many Artie, that is why I shot these. It was one of the least rewarding days for birds that I ever had there, though due to the distance we don't do it as often there anymore. I wanted to get over there, as Merritt has been slow on our last few visits. Ding Darling was dead the first time around the reserve. The second time, I did get a few shots, but most of the birds were out of range. The distant flock consisted of a lot of White Pelican, Ibis and Egrets. I only saw one GBH and a couple of Tri-Color Herons. I didn't see any Spoonbills on either run though. However, the light was great for these blurs, so I made the day worth while doing that.

Paul Lagasi
04-03-2010, 06:17 AM
Nicely done for 1st attempt, its tough to get a good one...you've succeeded here

Mark Fuge
04-03-2010, 07:31 AM
Thanks Paul for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

It was the first day I attempted to use that slow a shutter speed and get a usable image. But like we all did in the past, many a slide is in a landfill somewhere due to thinking this wasn't the desired result!!! :eek: :o ;) Had I only known then that someday I would be doing this ... :D At least I didn't have to pay for film and processing! Digital is a great learning tool in that way.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
04-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Mark, definitely fireworks for me :D well done...

Mark Fuge
04-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Thank you Nicki for viewing and comment. Appreciate it.