PDA

View Full Version : GBH Posing

Bonnie Block
02-26-2008, 08:51 PM
I normally cannot get this close to our local herons--they are a bit skittish--so I must have improved my stealth approach. ;) as he let me get quite close-
1DMKIII 300/2.8 IS + 2X TC
1/1250s f/9.0 at 600.0mm iso640
http://www.pbase.com/herderdog/image/93469950/original.jpg

Dave Phillips
02-26-2008, 08:54 PM
nice one Bonnie, can you use that stalking technique with the ducks.

This one has unique deep separation from the bg, almost looks like a big drop off behind the heron.
The little breeze on the breast adds a nice element IMO

Bonnie Block
02-26-2008, 08:58 PM
nice one Bonnie, can you use that stalking technique with the ducks.

This one has unique deep separation from the bg, almost looks like a big drop off behind the heron.
The little breeze on the breast adds a nice element IMO
Thanks, Dave--yes, there is a drop off behind the bird---it was standing on a rock out in the bay, and the tide was out.
The ducks are getting pretty tolerant too--I don't look at them and inch very slowly toward them--seems to work!

Ed Cordes
02-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Nice unusual pose with a killer BG. Stealth worked fine! What is the small round dark spot on the birds left wing shoulder? (Right side in the image)

Bonnie Block
02-26-2008, 10:11 PM
Nice unusual pose with a killer BG. Stealth worked fine! What is the small round dark spot on the birds left wing shoulder? (Right side in the image)
Thanks, Ed! It is the mark of Zorro!
Guess I need to fix that--I must have accidently bumped it when I cleaned up the bg and did not notice it--thanks!

Fabs Forns
02-26-2008, 11:11 PM
Very nice pose and breeze moving the plumes. I would do away with some contrast. really pretty background :)
If you visit us, you can almost touch those guys!