PDA

View Full Version : High key anemone

Jerry van Dijk
04-02-2010, 03:08 PM
With all those wonderful high key flowers posted lately, I just had to have a go! This is an anemone, waiting to be planted in the garden on my windowsill. Natural light from the window, BG is my windowsill. Tell me what you think!
Happy Easter to all.

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, tripod, 48 mm (288 mm eq.), Suntec 4+ closeup lens, ISO-100, F/8, 1/100 sec, EC +2, pattern metering, aperture priority, RAW.
RAW processing in Silkypix, PP in Corel Photopaint. Sharpened overall, some extra on the stamen. Painted over some dark areas in the BG and removed some color abberation around two OOF leaves. Added canvas on the right for composition.</O:p

Julie Kenward
04-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Jerry, you did a great job on composition - I love the position of the flower within the frame. I also love how tack sharp those stamen are! I do wish the front three petals had a little more definition since they are so prominent in the image, though. Nice attempt at high key!

denise ippolito
04-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Jerry, I agree w/ Jules regarding the front petals. Beautiful details in the center. I like the colors a lot. I might clone out some of the spots in the BG. Happy Easter to you and your family.:)

Anita Bower
04-03-2010, 05:39 PM
I love those bright yellow stamen springing up from the purple. I like the white BG and the little hairs on the stem. Good composition, with flower tilted. I agree about the out of focus front petals--they are so prominent, due to color?, that they are a bit disturbing. :)

Roman Kurywczak
04-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Hey Jerry,
As I generally prefer more DOF....this is no exception for the reasons mentioned above.....but oh you were so close.....the comp and where you chose to crop.....and the high key....killer! You are definitely on the right track with this one!

Jerry van Dijk
04-06-2010, 02:52 AM
Hi all, thanks for commenting! DOF point taken, but unfortunately, my camera doesn't go beyond f/8 and the closup lens doesn't allow more than this..... Time to upgrade to DSLR, but my budget still doesn't match my wishlist .... :(