100 mm Macro lens
1/160 sec. at f/ 2.8
ISO 250
HH
Natural Light
Andromeda Plant

Jerry van Dijk
04-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Hi Denise, those bell flowers look really lovely. I'm impressed how you managed to get just one in focus. It would have been nice if the one above it would have been in focus as well. The light is wonderful, it's just like the flowers emit a soft light like little lanterns. The image has a little blueish cast on my monitor, but I like the colors as is.

Julie Kenward
04-02-2010, 04:53 PM
I think Jerry said everything I was going to say - love the perfect focal point but also wish that the one above it were there, too. I also see a bluish cast but also kind of like it. It really adds to the overall softness.

denise ippolito
04-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Thanks folks, I had to manually focus and I really only wanted the one bell in focus. I have others w/ more focus,but to me it doesn't have the same feel. Thanks for the help w/ the color cast-here is a repost

Markus Jais
04-03-2010, 12:40 AM
Denise, I like this very much. It was a great idea to only focus on that one bell. Great light and wonderful BG.

Markus

denise ippolito
04-03-2010, 07:25 AM
Thank you Markus, I appreciate the comments.:)

Anita Bower
04-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Very nice. I like the angle of the stem, the out of focus flowers with one in focus, their shapes, the white-on-white. What was the BG? Did you take it outdoors? There is still a bluish cast, but I don't mind. :)

denise ippolito
04-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Anita, Thank you for your comments.This was taken outside and the BG was a mixture of things, but mostly a greenhouse and sand. I couldn't remove anymore of the bluish color w/o changing the look of the image -which I didn't want to do.:)