Nikon D-300
18-200 mm at 32 mm
1/8 sec f13
ISO 200
+2 Grad filter used to hold back sky
All comments welcome! cropping?

Dave Mills
04-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Hi Bob, Beautifully lit with "sweet" light. I looked at a cropping idea but like the image enough as is. The two lines of clouds fill the sky area nicely with the top row acting as a frame. Nicely done!

Ramesh Adkoli
04-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Lovely colors here, Bob. BTW, where is this place? Sky and the clouds are the prime focus of this image. I would have preferred cropping about an inch from the bottom as it would give more prominence to the sky. TFS.

regards,
ramesh

Roman Kurywczak
04-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Hi Bob,
I like this as presented too but would definitely prefer this as a pano! Cropping just above the reddish grasses on the RH frame edge does 2 things for me.....make the sky even more prominant and balances the trees with it nicely. I like the way the pano crop accentuates the lines and bands. You may also consider pulling a bit back on magenta....but I would only do it in the FG....as I like the sky colors very much...just think it could be a touch greener in the FG. Very nicely done in a not so easy landscape location!

Paul Marcellini
04-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Love the soft magenta light here. I would say take about 1/2 the grass out and call it good to go. A beautiful vast feel with that band of fog on the horizon pulling my eye in.

Bob Miller
04-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Thanks Everyone....I can certainly see where a crop making it a pano strengthens the image
Aresh......This place is on the eastern shore of Md....about 35 min from my house