PDA

View Full Version : Common Bird Project (Mallard Drakes)

Andrew Merwin
04-02-2010, 08:50 AM
Exposure Mode: Auto exposure
Exposure Program: Aperture priority
Exposure Time: 1 / 1999
FNumber: 5.6
Focal Length: 700
ISO Speed Ratings: 400
Metering Mode: Spot
White Balance: Auto white balance

I shot these guys at a local irrigation lake near my home. it was an early morning shot shortly after sunrise. It is about a 50% crop with adjustments in curves & sharpening with a slight saturation increase.

Myer Bornstein
04-02-2010, 09:05 AM
nice capture I would take some more of the top and remove the second catch-light in the eye of the first bird

Axel Hildebrandt
04-02-2010, 10:32 AM
I like the similar head angles and reflections. I like wide crops but might crop this one a bit tighter. It needs a bit CCW rotation and I might sharpen the birds a bit more.

Andrew Merwin
04-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Thanks Axel & Myer. I thought I had it leveled, but I now see that it does indeed need a slight CCW shift. I will try your suggestions.

Andrew

Axel Hildebrandt
04-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Thanks Axel & Myer. I thought I had it leveled, but I now see that it does indeed need a slight CCW shift. I will try your suggestions.

Andrew

If you use the ruler tool in PS and draw a line from the eye to the eye in the reflection and then go to 'rotate' and 'arbitrary', it will give you the correct value, which is in this case about 1.2 degrees.

Andrew Merwin
04-02-2010, 02:06 PM
If you use the ruler tool in PS and draw a line from the eye to the eye in the reflection and then go to 'rotate' and 'arbitrary', it will give you the correct value, which is in this case about 1.2 degrees.

Thanks. I appreciate the suggestion.

Andrew

Edit: I just applied your suggestions & it did improve the image. Thanks again.