PDA

View Full Version : Ruffed Grouse Portrait

Pierre Larouche
04-01-2010, 07:17 PM
A Portrait i taken a little time ago. Thanks for your comments!

ISO: 800
Exposition: 1/160 s
Ouverture: 6.3
Longueur focale: 400mm

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_uEiWrNnQtIE/S6WXRcyr_aI/AAAAAAAAZqs/T7y8x9VC2Y4/s800/IMG_91462.JPG

Stephen Stephen
04-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Formidable Pierre! Stunning details in this portrait, beautiful eye (I can even see the snow line) and wonderful BG. Perhaps a touch more head turn but I still wish that this was mine.

Julie Kenward
04-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Pierrelar, this is beautiful! I think the reflection in the eye is a beautiful touch to this image! I can't decide if the feathers feel oversharpened or not - they are right on the edge to me. I'd be tempted to tone down the light area in the LLC where your signature is just because it is so much brighter than the rest of the image - it is pulling my eye a bit. It's a gorgeous image, overall.

Arthur Morris
04-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Pierre, You posted this exact image ten days ago here: http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59948 Please try to be a bit more careful :)

Arthur Morris
04-01-2010, 08:44 PM
ps: We appreciate your visiting. As a member of the community it would be nice if you commented on the images of others once in a while. We suggest that folks post five comments for each image that they post. As near as I can tell you have posted 34 images while making zero comments on the images of others :confused:

Pierre Larouche
04-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Hello M. Morris,

today i post this image and it's a new image last time it's another one but when i save this image to my album i put it with the same name and the other image i post 10 days ago change for this one too and i cannot are able to change the image from 10 days ago. It's a brand new image. 10 Days ago it's a vertical one and this time it's a closer and an horizontal image. Thanks!

Arthur Morris
04-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Sir. If you follow the link you will see that it is the exact same image; both are horizontals....

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-02-2010, 12:02 AM
This is a very nice bird and profile indeed. Love the clarity on the eye and the semi-clean BG. And yes, it's a pity that some BPN members never take the time to leave comments on other member's posts, that's sad since it seems that some members are way too busy to leave a comment or suggestion.:(