Metering Mode : Multi-segment
Flash : Flash did not fire
Focal Length : 230,0 mm
Sensing Method : One-chip color area sensor
Exposure Mode : Auto exposure
White Balance : Auto white balance
Focal Length 35 : 345mm
Lens : Nikkor 70-300mm F:4,5-5,6 VR

Not the best HA, but I liked the fluffy pose.Garden setup, shot from hide.

Kaustubh Deshpande
04-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Adrian, I didnt think I would, but I like the perch. Like the sharpness too. You already mentioned the head angle. Other than that, I find it a little dark. You should have dialed in more exp. comp I think. I am sure in raw conversion you can pull it up a bit without increasing noise a lot. Comp-wise, it might be better with a little taken off the top.

Daniel Cadieux
04-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Good critique by Kaustubh, which I agree with. I'll also add that there seems to be a reddish cast to the image. Here in North America this species is considered a pest and much effort is done to reduce its numbers.

Harold Davis
04-01-2010, 05:55 PM
agree with both above critiques. a color balance would make this a nice image! here's a repost with just a color balance and slight contrast boost. it could probably go a little lighter too.

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Nice image, it reminds me of an image I shoot some time ago. I like both versions but would prefer one between the two.

Steve Canuel
04-01-2010, 09:48 PM
NIce simple composition with good detail. I like the repost.

Fabs Forns
04-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Thanks so much for being part of the project. Agree with you on the HA, and you all will think I'm crazy but I love the cast in the original, monochromatic mood.
The shape of the balances the shape of the bird :)

Adrian David
04-02-2010, 01:21 AM
Thank you very much for your comments! Agree with the color cast...I've lost it there...You corrected it well in the repost, Harold.Thank you!
I must agree that after Fabs pointed out the "monochromatic mood" I also like my first post...:)

Patricio Murphy
04-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Don't know up there, but it doesn't get any more common than this one in Buenos Aires (well, the european starling introduced a while ago is claiming the place, but it will take a while until we can call it common...)
I like the image, and I agree, the colour corrected repost works better.