Cheryl Flory
03-31-2010, 09:20 PM
Canon 40D
Tamron 17-50mm

ISO 100
1/3"
EC +.67
40mm

lowered clarity to give it a try. but that is about as creative as this image got. no weird background. or too long stems, or stray leaves. tried traditional and simple this time. what do you think?

Thanks!

Vida van der Walt
04-01-2010, 02:55 AM
Lovely image Cheryl. Such a beautiful flower and I love the magenta edges. Nice detail in the whites. I would love to see an image with the whole flower as well. I'm not 100% sure about the position of the cut on the right but I'm no expert on flower comps.:)

Julie Kenward
04-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Cheryl, I think this cut/framing would work better if the tulip had more of a "swoop" to the stem. In other words, if it curved to the left and the petals on the right fell outside the frame it would look more natural - like the weight had somehow pulled it into that position.

I do like that you've included more stem in this one - your images are really starting to feel more balanced. The whites are perfectly exposed and creamy delicious in this image - nice work!

Cheryl Flory
04-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Julie, OK! next job--wilty tulips! :D and to think I already threw my old tulip out. see how much I have to learn!! But I can picture what you mean, and agree.....
thanks!

Julie Kenward
04-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Cheryl, wilty tulips are the bomb! You get these great swooping motions that are magical on print. You just have to get them between "starting to wilt" and "old and motly" looking. ;)

Cheryl Flory
04-01-2010, 08:08 PM
I have soooooo much to learn. lol
will try to get more tulips..... thanks, Julie!

Anita Bower
04-02-2010, 05:49 AM
Lovely Tulip. Lovely job capturing the beautiful colors and textures. Agree that comp could be better--I'd like to see the entire flower. I'm glad you are sharing and learning--I'm learning right along with you. :)

Cheryl Flory
04-02-2010, 06:37 AM
Anita, I do have an image with the whole tulip, but unfortunately, it is in a rather static position also.