PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Hills

Ramesh Adkoli
03-31-2010, 07:52 AM
Here is a view of the rock formations of Ramanagara, about 40KM from Bangalore. Yes, there is a temple at the RHS hill top! It is a common sight in southern India:) Appreciate your views and comments.

EXIF: D700, 24-70mm @ 70mm, 1/25s, f/10, ISO 200, CPL, tripod mount, early morning
PP: CNX2, levels, WB, selective color and contrast, slight crop at the bottom

regards,
ramesh

Robert Amoruso
03-31-2010, 08:16 AM
The wispy clouds really make the sky interesting without dominating the image. The scale of the mountain well defined with the wall and the temple.

Both the wall and temple are small as compared to the center of interest in this image, the mountain.

I would use from Local Contrast Enhancement (USM on BG copy at 20/50/0) to bring out the details in the rocks.

Roman Kurywczak
03-31-2010, 02:02 PM
Hi Ramesh,
Agree with Robert that the clouds definitely add interest and it is nicely composed overall. Besides the LCE....I would actually be tempted to lighten/bring out more detail in and near the temple. It won't draw the eye too much yet will add more depth to that side. These are all just small tweaks to a very nicely composed image!

Morkel Erasmus
03-31-2010, 05:27 PM
some nice suggestions already given Ramesh. lovely quality of light and the whispy clouds adds something extra.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
03-31-2010, 05:49 PM
Very nice comp looks very magical

Bob Miller
04-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Hi Ramesh! The colors in this image are really working together nicely in this image. Nice job! I agree with Roman that a bit more detail in and around the temple would improve the image!

Ramesh Adkoli
04-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Thanks a lot everyone for your views. Robert and Roman, i will try your suggestions of LCE and ligthening up the RHS. Thanks again.

regards,
ramesh