03-30-2010, 08:04 PM
Canon EOS REBEL T1i
Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Av mode
1/5"
F16
ISO: 200
LR & CS3

Same Spring beauty with a black foam core BG. Lit with the LED flashlight and of course it has the same problem with the OOF stem.

Markus Jais
03-31-2010, 12:31 AM
Hi Ken, I like the black version, too. The flower stands out very well against the BG.
If I had to choose I would prefer the white BG but both images are good.

Markus

Charles Wesley
03-31-2010, 04:40 AM
Ken,

I agree with Markus. It's a most excellent photo. Seems to look sharper especially the stem. Probably just the black BG. I think the white works better with spring beauties.

Thanks for sharing...

Julie Kenward
03-31-2010, 07:35 AM
I like them both but would probably pick this one if the edges of the petals weren't so dark. It's probably the fall off from the LED light but I'd see if you could boost the edges up a bit more.

Nice experimenting, Ken...it's fun to see what you come up with each time.

Jerry van Dijk
03-31-2010, 02:38 PM
Hi Ken, you sure are enjoying your springtime! Did you already sell off your flash unit, since you got your flashlight out, I haven't seen you use it :D!
I like your composition and the details on the flower. I do find the light a little to harsh: you seem to lose some detail on the flower.

Anita Bower
03-31-2010, 05:28 PM
I think I'll go with the white BG--softer. Thanks for sharing.

Ken Childs
03-31-2010, 08:20 PM
As always, thanks for the comments. :)

Now that there are some replies, I can admit that I prefer the high key version although the OOF stem doesn't bother me as much in this version with the black BG.

Vida van der Walt
04-01-2010, 02:47 AM
Hi Ken. Lovely image. I prefer the black bg as it really accentuates the flower. I would maybe take a little bit off the top.:)