PDA

View Full Version : Conservation Project!! - Help - Advice - Tips - Planning

Lance Peters
03-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Hi - just starting the planning stages of a little project for August.

I have access to a private property with a breeding site of a rare and endangered species (Bush Stone Curlew) with the added advantage of them being quite accustomed to the property owners presence (He watched the chicks hatch last year). Breed on the property twice a year (Jan and August)

So I am thinking of setting up a remote camera to take 1 shot every minute and creating a stop motion movie from the shots.

Has anyone attempted anything like this?? Guessing I am going to have some challenges with changing light conditions and the likes - appreciate any advice from anyone who has already attempted this sort of project.

Also intending to get in touch with researchers/experts in this particular species to learn as much as possible about the species before starting.

As it is relatively close to were I live - I should only need to attend the site every few days to change batteries and cards (will setup a hide ) even though the birds are accustomed to humans certainly do not want to have any negative impact.

Any advice from anyone greatly appreciated.:)

Alfred Forns
04-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Hi Lance I remember seeing something along the line posted right here !! Will try to remember the persons name, he is from the UK, actually comes to stay in the same apt building I live a few times a year.'

It was way cool, will look around and let you know !

Ken Lassman
04-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Hi Lance,
I think you should bring me to Australia...I can change the cards and batteries and you can help me with my photography ......especially Photoshop :D
Ken