PDA

View Full Version : Night frog

sulasula
03-30-2010, 03:38 PM
http://www.sulasula.com/images/birdphoto/zaba.jpg

This picture comes from my third trip to Belize. There are lots of daylight pictures of frog on the internet, but I nearly always found these animals at night. They are croaking and calling which makes night feel of Neotropics so special to me. I thought how to make real night picture of the frog where one can see resting frog at night. This is the result, one of 3 picture series. The only 3 sharp pictures from tens of taken (the frog is 1 inch long, captured in the wind with bloodthirsty mosquitos still around).

Canon EOS 50D, Tamron 180mm/3.5, ISO 1000, F3.5, 1/25s

PETR BAMBOUSEK | WWW.SULASULA.COM

Julie Kenward
03-30-2010, 05:00 PM
that is one interesting perspective you have going here! I really like how detailed the foot and eye are and the lighting from beneath is very interesting as well - I just wish there was a little more detail to the frog himself.

Mike Moats
03-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Hey sulasula, very cool effect. I think there is just enough details to see its a frog, and the lighting from the underside really make for a great images.

thijs broekkamp
03-31-2010, 03:19 AM
Very interesting image. You can clearly see that it is in the night, but there are enough details to see it's a frog.

Ken Childs
03-31-2010, 07:22 AM
Hey Petr, this certainly is different! How did you light this?

Jerry van Dijk
03-31-2010, 02:42 PM
Hi Petr, nice nightly image. Regarding composition, I think your image may be improved if you had shot the frog more from an angle, creating a diagonal in your image.