PDA

View Full Version : Power Outages across Florida

Blake Shadle
02-26-2008, 03:42 PM
Everybody try to safe with these power outages. We haven't been effected here in the Greater Tampa Bay area, but who knows.

It was last reported that about 4.4 million were without power. FPL has been using rotating blackouts to keep from overwhelming their systems.

Hunker down and keep safe!

Blake

George DeCamp
02-26-2008, 04:38 PM
I heard about that and figured Artie sent out another newsletter and the BPN server crashed the power grid. :eek:

Seriously, hope all are safe and sound down your way!

Fabs Forns
02-26-2008, 05:06 PM
It was scary here. From Palm Beach to Homestead, total black-out. Cell phones wouldn't work and of course, all house phones are electrical....

The sounds of sirens all over didn't help either. We didn't know what was going on nor could communicate with others to find out.

Bob Ettinger
02-26-2008, 06:49 PM
Everybody in the affected area be safe.

Judd Patterson
02-26-2008, 07:04 PM
When the blackouts started I was at a meeting in the Daniel Beard Center in Everglades National Park (abandoned NIKE missile base)...I think that counts as hunkering down. ;) Came out and wondered what the heck was going on, but Homestead and on up to my apartment was back online by early-afternoon. Sounds nuts that some type of failure near Miami could cause such mass chaos across the state.

Maxis Gamez
02-26-2008, 07:33 PM
I lost power at the office today for few sec.