PDA

View Full Version : New Holland Honeyeater

Ian McFarlene
01-03-2008, 02:41 AM
Hi, For my first post I thought I would contribute this Honeyeater I caught feeding on a Bottlebrush in NW Tasmania.
Details:

Nikon D70, 80-400 VR Zoom at 400mm
f5.6, 1/160 sec, 200 ASA

Ian McFarlane

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-03-2008, 03:30 AM
Hi Ian,

I am new here too. :) I actually think that this is a really good image showing this gorgeous little honeyeater in its natural habitat. Keep 'em Aussie birds coming. There are too manyspecimens from other places. :D

Axel Hildebrandt
01-03-2008, 07:04 AM
Welcome, Ian. Very cool bird in its habitat. I would love to see a bit more of the plumage and it seems you could tone down the whites and raise the color temperature a bit. I'm always glad to see images of birds I'm not familiar with. Keep them coming.

Fabs Forns
01-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Hi Ian,

Is that a cool place to live in or what??? :)

So glad we are getting representation from down under, so we can enjoy your birds :)

Beautiful specimen, and I wish for the flower not to be as tall, since it's competing with the subject. If you can burn it a bit in PS, maybe it will be more of a framing, as the rest of the vegetation is.

Looking forward to more beauties :)

Jody Melanson
01-03-2008, 03:29 PM
A very nice image. I would like to see some more room down around his tail. Even if you can't see his tail in the picture, it still needs room for the tail IMHO.

Welcome to BPN!