Blended two shots
Used a pol filter and ND8 grad
Canon 50D
Canon 10-22mm
f10
6sec
12mm

All Comments and crits are welcome and appreciated

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Robert Amoruso
03-30-2010, 09:39 AM
Well composed Kobus with the FG rock diagonally leading left and the middle ground rocks on the right leading to the mountain BG, nice tension with the opposing leading lines.

Though I am AOK with the overall luminace of the image, opening up the shadows will yield a much different look. I tried a PS Shadow/Highlight adjustment and liked it. Might want to try it out.

Bob Miller
03-30-2010, 03:31 PM
Hi Kobus...Lovely image! Nothing else to say! Big Congrats on this one!

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
03-30-2010, 08:37 PM
Very nice and agree with Robert on opening the shadows

Roman Kurywczak
03-31-2010, 01:48 PM
Hey Kobus,
Very nice use of the slow SS to enhance the water and give it a nice feel. I agree with the shadows too.....but I think both work.....so just a different version of this....both excellent!

Kobus Tollig
03-31-2010, 02:02 PM
Thank you all for the great comments and suggestions. I like this one more but agree the highlighting it does look nice.

Morkel Erasmus
03-31-2010, 03:28 PM
lovely work yet again buddy...love the eerie feeling the "scaly" rocks evoke...blending and comp superb and colour tones very nicely varied.

Dave Mills
04-02-2010, 08:31 AM
Hi Kobus, Very nice job on this! The comp works well The 6 sec exposure really smoothed out the water and gave it an ethereal quality. I happen to like the subtle detail...Well handled..

Kobus Tollig
04-03-2010, 08:13 AM
Thank you Morkel and Dave, apprecaite the comments