PDA

View Full Version : Bewick's Wren

Gus Hallgren
03-30-2010, 02:24 AM
Hi Folks

My favourite Wren I photographed in a neighbour's garden about a block away. She is beside a small park and gets twice the birds I do.

CC's warmly invited

Hopefully I worked out my monitor display problems?

Best regards

Uncle Gus

Olympus E-620, Zuiko 70-300 @ 270 mm equiv.
AP: f/5.6, 1/600s, ISO 400, 0.00eV. Auto WB

Alfred Forns
03-30-2010, 12:47 PM
Hi Gus If she has twice as many birds as you do ... just can't imagine !!!

PS work and colors look good, the image might be a little soft on my screen !!

Bob Decker
03-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Neat bird. Exposure and color looks about right. The bird its self seems a tad soft. Not sure if sharpening could bring it back or not. You might try a trial of Focus Magic if you're interested in salvaging the image. I discovered it for use on soft portraits and wedding moments in dark places that just didn't quite come in focus. It's a pretty amazing piece of software for salvaging the "almost, just about, if I'd only..." types of images.

Lance Peters
03-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Hi Gus - agree with the above comments - does look a tad soft - Large crop???

Bob Miller
03-30-2010, 03:51 PM
HI Gus. i like the colors in the composition but I find the shadows at the top of the image to be very distracting....also looks soft to me as well.

Gus Hallgren
03-30-2010, 04:08 PM
Hi nFolks

Been touchy about sharpening, this is a bit added using SS in lab nmode Amt 36, Radius.5

CC's warmly invited

Uncle Gus

Harold Davis
03-30-2010, 04:34 PM
if i had to choose, it would be the first one. still seems to be a little noisy or just lacking the IQ, due to big crop?

just how many different types of birds do you guys get out there!!!!!? and everybody thinks we have it good in FL.:p

Gus Hallgren
03-30-2010, 05:56 PM
Harold

Must be my eyes, not that big a crop. I took the second one, removed shadows and leaves, proportioned it for a note card. Printed out beautifully and wholesale buyers love it.

What can I say . . . Punt:D

Keep smiling

Gus