PDA

View Full Version : dpp saving help

Mital Patel
03-29-2010, 11:15 AM
i am facing problem.
my dpp shows the sharpness and setting as applied perfectly but when "Save As" or "Conver and Save" or "Batch Convert" it losses the sharpness.

here are two results
Screen Capture of DPP
http://www.kevincreation.com/issues/dpp/dpp_view.jpg
And
Screen Capture of Photoshop after "Convert and Save" saved jpg opened in Photoshop
http://www.kevincreation.com/issues/dpp/dpp_convert-and-save.jpg

please guide.

William Malacarne
03-29-2010, 11:49 AM
I feel that a final sharpening should be done as the very last step.....after all conversions and resizing has been done.

Bill

Mital Patel
03-29-2010, 12:02 PM
william sharpning is not an issue for me. here the problem is DPP not even apply the WB changes i do in DPP or some curve or shadow and highlight work.

it outputs the as is camera raw no changes been apply in jpg from the tool pallet of DPP i work on.

arash_hazeghi
03-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Mital,
Click on one RAW file at a time, apply changes and then hit Ctrl+D, does it work for or file or not?

Mital Patel
03-29-2010, 09:28 PM
arash thats what i tried too.

single file, two file, CTRL+D or even for single file as said by someone did "Batch convert" for single file too. but no help.

nothing done.

white balance and clarity gets lost from what i can see in DPP photoshop shows really different.
brightness and other curve etc works.

Sharpness, Noise Reduction, White balance dosent seem to work.

arash_hazeghi
03-30-2010, 02:31 AM
arash thats what i tried too.

single file, two file, CTRL+D or even for single file as said by someone did "Batch convert" for single file too. but no help.

nothing done.

white balance and clarity gets lost from what i can see in DPP photoshop shows really different.
brightness and other curve etc works.

Sharpness, Noise Reduction, White balance dosent seem to work.

Not sure what you are saying Mital, if you open a CR2 file, do adjustments and then click file-->convert and save (make sure JPEG quality is 10) the result should be exactly as the modified CR2 file, if not, DPP is not functioning and you may need to reinstall it.

Hope this helps.

Mital Patel
03-30-2010, 02:35 AM
did re-installed and still i am facing little tone value difference and some things are still not applying in jpg from CR2.

like sharpness, color tone, saturation

arash_hazeghi
03-30-2010, 03:55 AM
did re-installed and still i am facing little tone value difference and some things are still not applying in jpg from CR2.

like sharpness, color tone, saturation

If JPEG quality is set to 10 and it is not matching the CR2 then something is wrong... do you open the JPEG files in DPP? If you shot in RAW + JPEG maybe DPP is not over-writing the camera JPEG files, if so delete those JPEG files or save in a different folder.

Kaustubh Deshpande
03-31-2010, 10:20 AM
Mital, no reason for that to be happening. Make sure are opening the converted file. Open in both photoshop and DPP and check. Look at both 100%.

abdulghani
04-21-2010, 02:11 AM
Mital

I had the same problem. My CR2 files were pretty sharp when opened in DP and after resizing and adjusting the exposure, contrast and sharpness (IN DPP) i convert and save as jpg. when this jpg file is opened in CS3 the image is soft. I did reinstalled DPP several times but to no use.

Then i came across in a forum to save the file as 16 bit tiff file and open it in photoshop which will retain the settings.

Also note that in the tool palette you have to set the RAW Luminance NR to 1 and TIFF/JPEG NR (Luminance and Chrominance NR) set to "0".

Try this hope you will succeed.

Cheers
rahil