PDA

View Full Version : Ruffled Tulip

Barbara Kile
03-28-2010, 09:40 PM
I loved the colors and ruffled look in this tulip plant so I had to bring it home and play with it - after which time I will plant it!
Lensbaby Composer with 10x macro lens, shot wide open. No other processing.

denise ippolito
03-28-2010, 09:58 PM
Barbara, Fantastic. I love the comp. and the soft colors. Looks like a painting.:)

Anita Bower
03-29-2010, 06:11 AM
WaHoo! Gorgeous! Great colors, comporition, softness. Wouldn't change a thing. (Am I going to have to buy a Lensbaby?) :)

Cheryl Flory
03-29-2010, 08:12 AM
love the image! Is a Lensbaby the only way to get that soft effect?

Desmond Chan
03-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Very nice ! Love the colors and the soft look. Good composition.

Barbara Kile
03-29-2010, 11:21 AM
Thanks everyone for the kind comments. Cheryl, I've used a Canon 500D on the front of my 105 mm macro for a long time to get really close and reduce the depth of field. I think Anita is using that too. The Nikon and Canon diopters/close up lenses just screw on like a filter on the front of the lens and they are excellent pieces of glass and don't take light away. The key is getting close and shooting wide open. Check B&H, and you should be able to get a 77 mm for $150-175 range. Get the size for your largest lens (you can use the 500D, for instance on a long 2.8 lens for great macro as well!) and use step rings, which are cheaper than buying more filters! You can apply a 'soft focus or diffused' effect in PS if you want more of that look. Hope this helps! :)

Julie Kenward
03-29-2010, 07:07 PM
I just got my lensbaby but haven't had much time to play with it yet...this really makes me want to get out there and take it for a spin! Beautiful colors and nice soft look to it - it's amazing how much pp the lensbaby takes out of the way, isn't it?

Barbara Kile
03-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Indeed, Jules. I have had the Original, the 3G and now the Composer. I was having a heckuva time getting the look I wanted a couple of days ago. I did a Facebook post saying that if anyone ever heard me mention that I wanted to buy another Lensbaby, to slap me! I asked for suggestions, and who popped up for a comment but Kathleen Clemons. She gave a couple of suggestions, and I tried them and at least I'm getting the look I want! So, I'm still working at it, but I love the Soft Focus Optic. Thanks so much for the comment!

sulasula
03-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Excellent shot. I love this pastel colors on the flower shots!

Vida van der Walt
04-01-2010, 02:38 AM
Beautiful colours and great perspective Barbara. Lovely!:)

Barbara Kile
04-01-2010, 08:36 AM
Thank you so much for the nice comments Vida and Sulasula. :)