PDA

View Full Version : Serengeti Savanna

Ed Cordes
03-28-2010, 04:57 PM
I made this image early one morning at the beginning of a game drive. Often I would concentrate so much on the animals I would forget to look around me. I like the way this lonely Acacia Tree stood out against the clouds. The hills in the distance gave me some finite end to the scene.

40D with 24-105 @ 24. Evaluative metering at ISO 800 and EV + 1/3; F9 and 1/250 hand held. Polarizer and GND used. Processed in LR and CS4 with Noiseware Pro at default settings. Full horizontal frame cropped to pano.

Thanks for looking. C&C most welcome.

Roman Kurywczak
03-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Hey Ed,
Looks like you had some great clouds! Love the tree isolation and placement. I would prefer less base (about 1/2 of it) and more sky ...do you have it as you mentioned a crop? Exposure is dead on and nicely handled overall!

Bob Miller
03-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Hi Ed....This image looks great ! I agree with Roman the exposure is perfect. I also would crop some from the bottom and add more clouds if you have them in an uncropped version.

Sabyasachi Patra
03-29-2010, 10:47 AM
Ed,
Lovely clouds. The good thing is the entire image is filled with those. The colours are nice. This is a nice image. I think moving the camera to the left so as to compose with the acacia at the rule of thirds postion would have been even better. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Robert Amoruso
03-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Ed,

Well composed with the tree on right. Agree with crop suggestions. To make this one a killer image, if possible getting closer and using a wide-angle to make the tree bigger in the frame and accentuate the sky at the same time. I am thinking being close and going low for lots of sky and just enough base to anchor it including the hills in the BG.