PDA

View Full Version : Ibis With Mud and Prey

BillTyler
03-28-2010, 01:33 PM
This ibis was unafraid of the mud. He'd stick the entire length of his beak into the soft ooze searching for food. I don't know exactly what kind of worm it is holding. Palo Alto Baylands, low tide.

Canon 7D
Canon 500mm f/4 with 1.4x extender
1/500 f/8 ISO 400

arash_hazeghi
03-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Hey Bill, I saw this guy too, there are two of them around. not sure where they came from, sure fun to follow and photograph. Image wise nice work, wish for more head turn towards you. would also pop the contrast and sharpen a bit more. would also be nicer if both feet are firm in the ground as there is lots of mud ;)

TFS

Lance Peters
03-28-2010, 03:54 PM
Hi Bill - agree with Arash's comments - some more sharpening certainly, HA doesnt really bother me as the bird is going about its behavior and the eye is sharp and clear.
Very muddy beak :) ;)

BillTyler
03-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the comments. I've added some sharpening, and bumped the clarity slider in LR a bit as well. After that, the file was just a little too big to post, so I reduced the pixel size slightly.

Bill

arash_hazeghi
03-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the comments. I've added some sharpening, and bumped the clarity slider in LR a bit as well. After that, the file was just a little too big to post, so I reduced the pixel size slightly.

Bill

If you have Photoshop use "Save for web" it uses better compression so you can post 1024 pixel size.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
03-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Hi Bill,
Great job with the repost - it definitely has more pop :)
Lots to like here - the soft colours are very nice.
Best,
Nicki

Bob Miller
03-28-2010, 06:42 PM
The repost looks good!