PDA

View Full Version : STA portrait- a week before Robert O'Tool

Steve Bein
03-28-2010, 01:29 AM
aAs explained in Robert's post, we had to stay in the cart next to the landing strip where this STA had been staying and get the best we could. His background rocks. This is the best I was able to get from my location in the short time we had. It was an outstanding opportunity. I did blur the background to the best of my ability.
7D, 100-400@235mm
1/1000 sec, f/5
Mode: Av
Metering: Spot
Exp comp: +2/3
ISO: 200

Steve Bein
03-28-2010, 01:33 AM
Taken a week before Robert O'tool went to Midway. The description was very accurate and frustrating since we had only a little tile from golf carts with several other photographers sharing. the background was not left to us since it was the choice of where the driver stopped. We then shot from the seats. This juvenile was alone and pretty predictable in his location. The only Short Tailed Albatros on Sand Island. We also saw one adult on Eastern Island. A pretty rare treat.

arash_hazeghi
03-28-2010, 05:35 AM
nice portrait like the BG and eye contact. It looks soft on my screen and I would also try to recover detail from the dark areas. TFS

Michael Wolf
03-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Beautiful head portrait. I like the texture of the BG and feel it adds to the image.