PDA

View Full Version : Abstract Brown Pelican

Mike Milicia
01-03-2008, 01:28 AM
EOS-1D Mk II, 500mm f/4L + 1.4xII, 1/30, f/8, ISO 50
About 60% of Full Frame

This image was made last February at Little Estero.

I'm a bit hesitant to post this one but this seems like the perfect forum to get some good, honest feedback on this image. I was experimenting with blurs and came up with this one just as the pelican hit the water after a fish.
What do you think?

Looking forward to your comments and critiques !

Arthur Morris
01-03-2008, 06:28 AM
I like it (but as you know I am a huge fan of blurs...) My favorite part of the image is the splash. The way the bird has its body arranged, however, does not make sense to my mind. Let's see what others think. I do think that this one is definitely Out of the Box.

Later and love, artie

Fabs Forns
01-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Action is evident and to the max. What makes this for me, is the splash and the color and texture of the water and the way light is shinning on it :)

Jay Tan
01-03-2008, 10:37 AM
I like the action, the splash and colors. But it'll be even better for me if at least the clear form of entire bird is apparent.

Judd Patterson
01-03-2008, 11:19 PM
Very interesting shot, Mike. I like the splash as well, but I honestly wouldn't have known what bird species without your information. A bit more definition on the pelican would have been nice...but it fits the "Out of the Box" forum perfectly. :)