PDA

View Full Version : Still Don't Recieve Notifications

Stuart Dahne
02-26-2008, 11:10 AM
Hi,
Its time to think about purchasing my membership here however the only way that I find responses to my posts is to periodically check back. That is the only think holding me up. Is there any solution for this.
Thanks in advance & I guess that I will check back for an answer.
P.S. I am set to "INSTANT E_MAIL NOTIFICATION"
Peace & Blessings,
Stuart Dahne

Blake Shadle
02-26-2008, 11:16 AM
Hi Stuart, I did a little digging and everything looks in good order. You do have instant email notifications selected, which is where you want to be. I also noticed that you're using a gMail account for your email. Right now, I'm using a gMail account for my notifications as well. The only thing I can suggest is for you to search through your Spam folder for an email from BirdPhotographers.Net... if you find an email (could be from a while ago), make sure you check it, and then click the "Not Spam" button. From that point on, you should receive notifications with no problem.

Let me know if this helped. If not, I'll do some tracing through our mail server to see what happens when we attempt to send you an email ;)

Blake

Jim Poor
02-26-2008, 11:18 AM
I know it is a bit of an obvious question, but did you check your e-mail address?

I'm getting almost all of my notifications now, with only one hiccup that I can recall since the initial issue was fixed.

Blake Shadle
02-26-2008, 11:23 AM
Sometimes obvious questions are the best questions. When learning to be a PC support technician, you learn that the first and most important question is the most simple. If the user says, "My computer won't turn on"... you reply, "Is your computer plugged in to power?"... You'd be suprised how many times that's the problem...

Stuart Dahne
02-26-2008, 11:39 AM
Well, I received this one, however it appears to be sporatic. The last one that I received prior to this was on Feb. 5th, and I have a few post since then, 1 as recent as yesterday! Any thoughts?

Chris Ober
02-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Are the threads you're watching listed in the 'List Subscriptions (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription)' section of the User CP?

Stuart Dahne
02-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Yes they are all in that list.

Doug West
02-26-2008, 06:38 PM
Don't know if this helps, but this is what happens to me...

1. I create a thread.
2. Select the instant notifications.
3. John Doe replies.
4. I reply to John Doe with the Quick Reply.

I won't get any more email notifications. I guess
I'm breaking some type of chain :)

Now, if I use the Quote and get the option for Instant
Notification and check that, then I'll get those...as long
as I don't reply to my own thread...if that makes sense.

In other words, if I reply to my thread, I won't get any more
notifications.

Doug

Chris Ober
03-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Are you revisiting the threads with the links sent or are you navigating to them manually?