PDA

View Full Version : From my back yard

Katherine Enns
03-26-2010, 11:18 PM
Here is the view in the fall from our back yard deck. Its always fun to think of this in spring.... Shot with the only things I have, really, ...Canon Xsi, f/18, 1/125, ISO 400 with the 24 - 105 at 93 mm.

Alfred Forns
03-27-2010, 07:21 AM
Hi Kat what a view ... I have a municipal parking garage :eek: I'll bet just stepping outside and breathing the fresh air must be a treat !!!

Julie Kenward
03-27-2010, 07:57 AM
That beats my view as well! Wow, what a dream to wake up to that every morning! ;)

Judy Lynn Malloch
03-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Wow we are not supposed to suffer envy but this is gorgeous. It must be so beautiful to wake up to this every morning Katherine. Many thanks for sharing.

Katherine Enns
03-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Thanks all, yes this is pretty special, but it is the middle of nowhere. And in the morning, I see the cliffs in the distance but MAINLY the rounded form of BRuce unless he has left with his new blind to stalk the avian population on the backwaters. :) This is where he sometimes goes. I had the idea it would be fun to have a feature of favorite haunts of the photographers on this website... this is one of ours. This is an oxbow of the river you see in the above photo. That is Mount Sentinel, also featured in the photo above. Only five minutes away.

Harold Davis
03-27-2010, 05:19 PM
Hi Kat what a view ... I have a municipal parking garage :eek:

yeah, but i bet she doesnt have the oom-pah music that you get!!:D

beautiful view, katherine. i can see the eagles soaring there now!!

Katherine Enns
03-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Yes, lots of them Harold, thanks for the kind comments. We have a large cottonwood tree, which they roost in by the river, and just today we looked up after chainsawing some boards for two benches, to see an adult in this tree, preening, only 100 feet away. Bruce got his cam but he/she left as soon as they saw him with it. Chainsaws and orange hard hats, A-ok. Big honking lens, nope.

Jackie Schuknecht
03-28-2010, 02:00 PM
Wow how inspiring to live in a lovely place like this.