PDA

View Full Version : Western Bearded Dragon

Tony Kirkby
02-26-2008, 08:57 AM
This is the detail of the scales between the eye and ear of the Western Bearded Dragon. Not really sure if this works without first seeing the whole head shot!
Nikon D200
Built in flash
Sigma 180mm
f16
1/60sec

Robert Amoruso
02-26-2008, 01:14 PM
Tony,

I am very much in favor of extreme close-ups to show details. When I first saw this, I thought I would like to see the whole head. For me, this would work better w/o any black BG and just seeing the area around the eye, the eye, parts of the neck and head. The in focus details look good and I would crop to include only in focus parts of the lizard.

Robert O'Toole
02-26-2008, 10:40 PM
I would really like to just see a close up of only the eye and the cool scales around the eye.

Robert

John Cooper
02-27-2008, 04:24 AM
Hi Tony - I would have to agree that the eye and immediate surrounding tissue would work best for me. Alternatively the eye placed on left ROT and including rest of head on the right.

Mike Moats
02-27-2008, 07:00 AM
Hey Tony, very cool patterns and nice sharp details on the eye. If you get a chance to shoot this guy again try filling the frame with just the eye and scaley head without the background, and shoot with a higher f-stop to bring all that nice texture in focus.

Susan Griffith
02-29-2008, 10:12 AM
I love the pattern of scales esp along the mouth, eye, and ear. The only nit pick would be the white fiber. I would also love to see an extreme close up of the eye and surround scale and possible another image of the ear tympanum with surrounding scales. I would also try to get an extreme close up of the fluted (for lack of a better term) scales and their color contrasts.

Great subject :)

-Susan