PDA

View Full Version : Pelican

Myer Bornstein
03-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Taken in February at Sebastian State Park. selective sharping in PS. This was taken before I learned to use manual mode :D.
Nikon D300s Sigma lens
150-500mm @ 380mm
570mm (in 35mm film)
1/640 sec, f/6.3
Mode: Av
Metering: Multi-segment
ISO: 200
AF mode: AF-C
White balance: AUTO

Dave Leroy
03-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Nice and sharp and good eye contact.

The perch is a bit unique but I don't mind it.

Photo does seem a bit tight on the bottom though.

Phil Ertel
03-27-2010, 09:14 AM
Hi Myer, I like the head angle and resulting eye contact. The diagonal that the bill introduces to the image is pleasing. As presented I would lighten the image and increase the saturation a little to bring out more of the colors. I think you can recover some of the details in the dark areas of the breast and might be worth the effort. You may have already explored alternative compositions, if not may I suggest considering a vertical that emphasizes the head and bill (cropping up to just behind the head and up to the bill). Something to consider and just a suggestion based on personal taste. Thanks for sharing.

Myer Bornstein
03-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Hi Myer, I like the head angle and resulting eye contact. The diagonal that the bill introduces to the image is pleasing. As presented I would lighten the image and increase the saturation a little to bring out more of the colors. I think you can recover some of the details in the dark areas of the breast and might be worth the effort. You may have already explored alternative compositions, if not may I suggest considering a vertical that emphasizes the head and bill (cropping up to just behind the head and up to the bill). Something to consider and just a suggestion based on personal taste. Thanks for sharing.
Phil thanks for the suggestions and I tried them and the crop. What do you think? I like the color better

Phil Ertel
03-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Hi Myer, That is what I had in mind and is more to my personal taste. In fact it looks very much like what I tried in photoshop before my first reply to your posting. Well done.

Myer Bornstein
03-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Phil
Thanks again ;)

A_Maddah
03-28-2010, 01:50 AM
Hi Myer
beautiful pose, nice expo.Sharpness is good but with f/8 sharpness is better.
TFS

Asad