PDA

View Full Version : Drinking Savute Lion

Russell Johnson
03-26-2010, 01:06 PM
As I watched the SAvute Channel reach the Marsh in February, I was also able to enjoy watching the local pride with their youngsters.

This is one of the dominant males.

1D mark IV + 500 F4

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4008/4429360158_579008341b_o.jpg

Gail Cordes
03-26-2010, 01:56 PM
I like the eye contact and action of drinking. Nice lighting too.

Jeff Cashdollar
03-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Colors and lighting are nice - well done. Amazing still shot love the nature moment.

Steve Kaluski
03-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Hi Russell, I like the POV, well scene, very good.

If you have more space to the left then I would suggest re cropping to have less on the right and more on the lhs for the lion to look into. Perhaps cropping just behind the ear loosing the reeds etc? Although I am looking/viewing this on a lap top it seems to be fraction yellow in the warm? If you open your file and go to colour balance and move the yellow/cyan slider to the right, say +15(?) I think this might give a truer colour.

Hope this helps.
Steve

Marc Mol
03-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Lovely light and detail here Russell, agree with a slight cooling of the WB.
It is great that you were able just to see Lions in the Savuti, last Sept, for 2 days of searching we didn't even find any spoor!:eek:
TFS

DanWalters
03-26-2010, 06:51 PM
I really like the light and the eyes. Like how you got the ripples in the water as well.

Alfred Forns
03-26-2010, 10:59 PM
Hi Russell Fine looking lion and love that eye !!! Agree on the room to the left if you have it, cast should be easy to fix !!! I like it a lot.... can only imagine if the lion would have turned to his left a little bit !!!

Sabyasachi Patra
03-26-2010, 11:46 PM
Nce moment captured. A slight head turn towards you would have been great. Look forward to more.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Ken Watkins
03-27-2010, 02:46 AM
Hi Russell,

I hope these are still about when we arrive in around 6 weeks time. It is a little warm and I agree about trying to find a little room on LHS. The other images I have seen to date should keep you busy full time on here for a few weeks. The Lion walking towards you must be next?

Have you posted any of the images taken from the plane on the Landscape forum?

Cheers

Ken

Russell Johnson
03-27-2010, 04:39 AM
Thanks all, unfortunately, there is no more on the left hand side.

Will have a look at the WB, this was done pretty hastily in order to write a trip report on another Forum....in the process of moving house, so waiting for my computer and monitor to be shipped, rather be on a laptop.

Ken, I imagine they will be around. Alwyn is back tomorrow, he spent a couple of nights up there, so can give you an update on what is going on.

As for the aerials etc, with work and the move, have not really had the time to post much.

Hendri Venter
03-30-2010, 05:43 AM
Fantastic light in this. Splendid image Russell.