PDA

View Full Version : Robin

Andrew Weber
02-26-2008, 05:22 AM
Nikon D300 1/320 & f/9.0 at ISO 200 70-200mm f/2.8 lens + 1.7x teleconverter

New Fairfield, CT.

I came across a big group of robins eating berries off of a bush; this one flew down and walked around on the snow for a bit.

Alfred Forns
02-26-2008, 11:40 AM
Hi Andrew From a compositional point you got the bird in the right position with good spacing all around I like the pose and basic exposure Would have liked a slight turn of the head toward the camera Would keep the eye and tip of beak in the same plane

Would try cloning the white stripe on back of his head Does detract Also tone down the bright areas in front Then blur the bg for a more pleasing effect Regarding the bird its a bit light and the eye is not totally sharp ...... or work your way around while taking the image keeping an eye on the bg (its as important as the main subject)

Regarding the tech info Would use a higher ISO The D300 performs well regarding noise and would not hesitate cranking up to 800 if needed If you made the image at the max zoom your magnification was over 500 counting the 1.5 from camera and 1.7 converter If I were to hand you a 500 lens you would never consider hand holding at 320 !!!!!!! Looking forward to many more !!!!!