PDA

View Full Version : Freedom

Hank Christensen
03-24-2010, 09:43 PM
I just joined this site, and I love the idea of this forum. I used to write poetry inspired by my images long ago, but haven't done it in a while. Anyway, here's a poem from WAY back in my archives - I think I took this in 1998 with my Olympus 500L (almost a megapixel camera!!)

http://blog.hankchristensen.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Mission042-Edit.jpg

Freedom

I live among the mountains
I dance across the sky
I dwell with all the living earth
I shall never die

I splash through sparkling waters
I lunge across the land
I live in every sunset
Where the ocean meets the sand

You may try to break my will
But I shall never give
For I am Human Spirit
And always will I live

denise ippolito
03-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Wow Hank! That is beautifully written. I think the image is a perfect fit.

Lance Warley
03-25-2010, 08:46 AM
Wow!

Welcome Hank. Great image, great poem.

The rhyming scheme, along with the words themselves, really give this poem power. Terrific work.

Hank Christensen
03-25-2010, 11:55 AM
Thanks guys - I'm glad I shared that. It is always a bit risky putting yourself out there, but I get the feeling this is a pretty safe forum. :-)

I have to say again, it is really great to see an entire forum dedicated to this subject. I sometimes felt like I was the only one that did this sort of thing! Now that I've found a place to share, I think I'll go back to some of my more recent images and gather some inspiration from those.

Grace Scalzo
03-27-2010, 09:23 AM
Hello Hank, I was totally engaged by your image and then read your words which made it even more powerful. Thanks for sharing!

Julie Kenward
03-28-2010, 04:07 AM
Perfect words for a fitting image, Hank! I love the two of them together; each one makes the other even better!