PDA

View Full Version : Brown Hare

Jonathan Ashton
03-24-2010, 12:26 PM
I was hiding in a hedgerow waiting for hares (as you do) and this critter came through the hedge from behind me on my blind side, it must have been that time I looked backwards because I wasn't having much look in front of me! When I turned round he was running at some speed and was quite a way off but I managed to get this one.
Camera Model Canon EOS 50D
Gitzo tripod Mongoose head
Firmware Firmware Version 1.0.7
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/800
Av( Aperture Value ) 4.5
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 320
Lens EF500mm f/4L IS USM
White Balance Mode Auto
AF Mode AI Servo AF

All comments welcome

Alfred Forns
03-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Hi Jonathan you know I like these little guys !!! Well captured and exposed, sharp and like the position, would only take some from top and bottom to alter proportion and accentuate forward speed !!! Like it a lot !!!

Harshad Barve
03-24-2010, 08:59 PM
I think Alfred said it for me , fine image can become mighty fine with Alfred's suggations
I am loving that eye here , terrific
TFS

Todd Frost
03-25-2010, 12:06 AM
Nice and sharp, for my taste I would only take a little from the top as I like the oof fg. Exposure looks good. TFS
Todd

Sabyasachi Patra
03-25-2010, 12:21 AM
Nice image. Eye contact is fine. It looks sharp and it is good that you caught it running. I think cropping from the top and slightly from the bottom would be good. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

thijs broekkamp
03-25-2010, 02:30 AM
You capture the movement very nice. The head is still sharp. The surrounding and bg is nice, but a bit boring for my taste.

Jonathan Ashton
03-25-2010, 02:50 AM
Thanks for your comments everyone, the original image would have probably been rather more like you suggest, I cropped a little from the bottom and I added canvas with content aware to the top. I will take on board your suggestions and produce a print for next week's competition at the Photographic Club.:cool:

Jonathan Ashton
03-25-2010, 02:52 AM
You capture the movement very nice. The head is still sharp. The surrounding and bg is nice, but a bit boring for my taste.

Sorry to disappoint you but at this time of year this is where you are going to find 95% of hares in the UK:)

Steve Kaluski
03-25-2010, 03:58 AM
Much better than the last ones in all respects and with the slight cropping Jonathan this will really help it. Colours look good too.;)

Jonathan, I have been camping out for these past few days, set up 5.30am yesterday, nothing apart from a few Muntjac, packed up after 4hrs only to find they were behind me in the next field. Moved to my little owl spot in the afternoon. Hare then sat three feet away. Time to give up & leave it will you. :) Nice one.

Steve

Jonathan Ashton
03-25-2010, 04:52 AM
Much better than the last ones in all respects and with the slight cropping Jonathan this will really help it. Colours look good too.;)

Jonathan, I have been camping out for these past few days, set up 5.30am yesterday, nothing apart from a few Muntjac, packed up after 4hrs only to find they were behind me in the next field. Moved to my little owl spot in the afternoon. Hare then sat three feet away. Time to give up & leave it will you. :) Nice one.

Steve

Well you know the saying - ain't life a ----! But that is what keeps us going - we all want to get something a little better than the last one, there's always something somewhere, then when we think we have a peach someone produces a better one! Cest la vie n'est pas?