PDA

View Full Version : Coyotes drinking

D. Robert Franz
03-24-2010, 09:25 AM
From the 08 Images for Conservation Pro Tour Contest. This will be my last post for some time since I leave tommorow for Texas and the 2010 ICF contest. I'm well prepared and determined. I wrote about it on my blog today. I'm not even sure I will have internet, I didn't in 08....

Remember no cropping or image manipulation is allowed in the |CF so this is how I captured it. I would have loved not to have the bright branches in the BG but knowing exactly where the coyotes would drink was tough. This was one of the top 100 images in the contest and earned an extra prize.

Camera Model: Canon EOS-1D Mark III
Shutter speed: 1/250 sec
Aperture: 6.3
Exposure mode: Manual
Flash: On
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 1000
Lens: EF600mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x
Focal length: 840mm

Todd Frost
03-24-2010, 09:41 AM
Love it, branches and all. Of course without them it be cleaner, but a you said this is a contest in the wild not in a studio environment and it is representative of their habitat. Good flash work. Very well done. TFS
Todd

Ken Watkins
03-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Love it, branches and all. Of course without them it be cleaner, but a you said this is a contest in the wild not in a studio environment and it is representative of their habitat. Good flash work. Very well done. TFS
Todd

This sums up everything I think, absolutely wonderful!

Alfred Forns
03-24-2010, 12:48 PM
Best of luck Dale, I know you will do well !!! Can't imagine a tougher contest !! .. say hi to Billy for me !!!

... like those eyes most of all they give it close connection with the animal !!!

Harshad Barve
03-24-2010, 08:52 PM
Best of luck for contest and this is mighty fine image
TFS

Sabyasachi Patra
03-25-2010, 12:29 AM
It is nice to hear that no cropping is allowed in ICF contest. BBC doesn't explicitly say that. Though BBC says removing distractions (animal, leaves etc) are not allowed. Its a good challenge to get something completely in the camera without cropping.

The eye contact is fine. I don't mind the branches. They frame the animals and gives an idea about the environment. All the best for this years competition.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Steve Kaluski
03-25-2010, 03:42 AM
Now those are tough rules Dale, not that I am suggesting normally there is a lot of PP done on images. Would like to know what they do allow, just from a curious POV. :)

A very good capture which illustrates the situation well. Personally I do feel it's a little, too over sharpened and would love to rotate the image slightly CW, but guess rules prevent that.;)

You will certainly do well Dale, keep us posted on the outcome.

Best of luck.
Steve;)

DanWalters
03-25-2010, 06:05 PM
Love the low angle and the eye contact! Nice details in the subjects as well.

Jamie Strickland
03-25-2010, 09:06 PM
another lovely image Dale, I really enjoyed when you guys shared your photos from that tour

best of luck !!