PDA

View Full Version : Baya weaver

RAM MALLYA
03-24-2010, 05:44 AM
This one a real hard worker weaving nests with sugarcane leaves. I have seen it rip off the leaves and spin to make it like a thread and then weave the nest . It was amazing .

Shutter speed 1/320
Aperture F/5.6
ISO 400
Canon 350 D
Canon 100-400

All C&C welcome.

subhrashis
03-24-2010, 07:51 AM
The shot looks great to the newbie me, but some could have argued for a cleaner bg, maybe via photoshop...

Could you have managed a sharper shot with your gear? That would have been great!
I know i couldn't have with my 18-200.

Phil Ertel
03-24-2010, 06:48 PM
Hi Ram, I like the bird and habitat. I think the green leaves really make the bird standout. Sounds like quite an experience watching these birds build a nest. As presented, I have two suggestions they are:
1. I would use a color layer and paint over the brown leaves to make the background more uniform.
2. The yellows look a little hot I would try and tone them down a bit. Here is a link to a thread in the Tutorial and How-To Repository (apologizes if your already aware of this thread).
http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35243

To demonstrate I have made a quick attempt in photoshop. I hope it helps demonstrate my suggestions. I am sure you could do a better job of it with the original file and more time and care.

Thanks for sharing.

subhrashis
03-24-2010, 11:42 PM
Would burning the yellow over the bird's head help? there's little detail visible there..
Or highlight recovery using shadows/highlights?