PDA

View Full Version : leopards

peter delaney
03-24-2010, 02:52 AM
In two minds about this image , have cropped the top leopard as stick in middle of face,also cropped from rhs and bottom...

this is a female and male leopard she wants to mate he does not and in this image he shows his displeasure ..

hand held, 1/320 f2.8, iso 1000, nikon d3 + 70 -200mm ,spotlight , greater kruger, south africa

Sabyasachi Patra
03-24-2010, 06:53 AM
It took me some time to realise that there was one leopard at the left. The light falls on top of the head of the leopard. It would have been better if the face of the leopard was lighted.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Alfred Forns
03-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Hi Peter Tough lighting situation but like what your doing !! With your D3 would not mind going to much higher shutter speed !! The key here would have been more diffused light from the spot light .. possible? Temped to isolate the one to the right, great face and mood !!! I like how your trying different !!!

Chris van Rooyen
04-05-2010, 03:49 AM
Interesting shot Peter, love the effect and drama. Perhaps a slightly higher shutter speed would have helped with sharpness? The D3 has such great ISO capabilities, a higher ISO might have been acceptable?

peter delaney
04-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Hi Saby,Al and Chris

agree with your observations.. unfortunately i did not have control of spot.. but I definitely should have used higher iso/ss ...

thanks for comments again

peter