PDA

View Full Version : BIF

Chris Hansen
03-23-2010, 10:32 PM
I don't do too many BIF. So here is one of them taken on Humboldt bay in Northern California

Canon 50D
Canon 100-400 @ 400
Camera on tripod w/ballhead Horizontal direction unlocked
camera set to Aperature Priority
ISO 400
Exposure F5.6 at 1/1600 sec.

C&C appreciated

chris

Desmond Chan
03-23-2010, 10:41 PM
I like the composition, the light, the environment. Sharpness seems good and the wing position is good. The bird looks a tad too bright and too contrast to me for some reason. I think that can be fixed though.

Lance Peters
03-24-2010, 12:29 AM
Hi Chris - some of the whites of the wings are right on the verge of being over - might try a linear burn or multiply layer to see if some detail can be recovered.
Like the wing position and the sweet light. Reflection is not strong so would consider cropping it out - will accentuate the forward movement aslo.
Good show :)

Dave Mills
03-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Hi Chris, Agree with Lance's comments. You captured early light"sweet" which has a tendancy to be contrasty but will generally give an image impact!

Alfred Forns
03-24-2010, 08:40 AM
Hi Chris Good looking bird, excellent wing position and love the bg !! Would try working magic in the conversion to see if you could get some detail in the whites, best way I can think is doing the double conversion.... one linear the other regular then put together in layers picking best from each ... worth the work !!!