PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming in Color

Cindy Mead
03-23-2010, 05:59 PM
hi all, this is my first post to the flora/macro gallery. It'll be sometime before we have any outdoor flora to enjoy in my area, so I picked up a bouquet of cut flowers that were obviously dyed for Easter and dusted off my lensbaby. I've been craving color so badly that this is much more about color for me, than form.

50d lb composer w/4+10x macro lenses stacked
diffused backlight
iso 320, hh and ff

your suggestions and comments are always appreciated :)

Dave Mills
03-23-2010, 07:50 PM
Hi Cindy,the color palette is rich along with a very sensuous feel to the image. Might take a small bit off the top. Beautiful image!!

Jackie Schuknecht
03-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Cindy, colours to die for. Such a great feel in this image. Might take a notch of the top too. Where have you been???

Christopher Miller
03-23-2010, 09:06 PM
Works perfectly for me. :) Love all the soft colors!

Julie Kenward
03-23-2010, 09:34 PM
This is FABULOUS! Good to see you here in macro/flora Cindy! What a delightful image with all the colors and that wonderful Lensbaby feel to it. I just ordered mine today and can't wait for it to get here!

I also might take a small slice off the top - everything else is wonderful!

Fabs Forns
03-24-2010, 12:42 AM
A symphony of colors very well composed and presented. I would not sacrifice the blue on top with a crop, but that is very personal.
Very well done, my friend.
Colors are good for the soul :)

Vida van der Walt
03-24-2010, 02:57 AM
This is wonderful Cindy. Love the rainbow colours and softness. So dreamy! I also would not like to see any of the lovely blue on top reduced by a crop.:)

denise ippolito
03-24-2010, 06:59 AM
Beautiful Cindy, The colors really make this special. It is soooo dreamy. I love the colors on the top and would be very careful not to lose them w/ a crop. Nice to see you posting here. You have so much talent to share.:)

Charles Wesley
03-24-2010, 08:56 AM
Cindy,

I really enjoy your color pallette and composition here. Like Fabs, the blue at the top looks fine.
Thanks for sharing...

Mike Moats
03-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Hey Cindy, nice to see you post here. Very surreal look, love it, great color combination. Hope to see more.:)

Roman Kurywczak
03-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Hey Cindy,
Well part of me is with the top crop crew.....but I have an unusual fascination with that tool:D!......now for the real part.....the sof dreamy quality is simply exquisite!!!
PS This one does it......now I have to go find the other end of my lens!

Anita Bower
03-25-2010, 08:24 AM
just LOVELY! great pastel colors. where did that loely blue come from? :)

Cindy Mead
03-25-2010, 01:30 PM
just LOVELY! great pastel colors. where did that loely blue come from? :)

hi Anita, I had the vase placed on a table next to a large sliding door to capture some natural backlight, so the blue came from outdoors.. we've finally had a bit of sun :)

appreciate all of the feedback, it's much appreciated :)

DanLim
03-31-2010, 06:35 PM
This is simply magnificent ! Love the colours and the dreamy feeling . Well done !