PDA

View Full Version : Daisy

Billy White
03-23-2010, 03:31 PM
this was taken in September 2008 in downtown Toronto at one of the street gardens between lanes of traffic - I had several hours before my flight

hand held - nikon D300 105 micro f3.3 at 1/8000 - it was very bright

comment

Thanks

Billy

Julie Kenward
03-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Very nice, Billy! I like the selective focus at the center of the flower and the nice diagonal angle that you shot it at. I also like the play of the red and green down below but feel it might be a bit harsh - you might try blending the two a bit to bring them together more cohesively.

Your whites are definitely on the hot side - check your histogram in levels and you'll see a spike on the right side. If this is a raw file, go back and reprocess it if possible and you can probably recover some or all of the highlights and then keep your eye on that histogram for "blinkies"!

I don't mind the shadows between the petals but there is a large area of gray on the right side, middle petal that I might be prone to clone out - totally up to you.

Roman Kurywczak
03-23-2010, 05:00 PM
Hi Billy,
Agree with Jules on the whites.....will definitely help if you can recover them. The focus on the cneter is very nice also but I'm not lovin' the lower colors......although toned down as Jules suggested may help.

Vida van der Walt
03-24-2010, 02:44 AM
Hi Billy, very nice image. Great angle and detail in the center of the flower. I actually like the reds and greens at the bottom a lot.:)

Mike Moats
03-24-2010, 12:10 PM
Hey Billy, very cool comp, and also like the DOF choice. I don't mind the hot whites. I agree with Jules on cloning out the grey petal in the BG on the left side.