PDA

View Full Version : Hillsborough River

Paul Marcellini
03-23-2010, 03:23 PM
Haven't shot too many landscapes lately, preferring the "easier" bird and wildlife photography with all this wind. Here's an old one that was previously out-shined by another version, but with time, I have learned to appreciate it as well.

5d2, 16-35II
Lens (mm): 17
ISO: 200
Aperture: 16
Shutter: 8

Bob Miller
03-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Hi paul...I like this image. I like the smoothness of the water and the shapes of the trees. I find the overall composition quite lovely! The rocks make a nice diagonal that carries your eye through the image. Great work!

Kobus Tollig
03-24-2010, 03:23 AM
I like this. You did really well. Great comp and exposure. Makes me want to be there

Don Hamilton Jr.
03-24-2010, 06:31 AM
Wow Paul, very nice!!! I've heard many good things about the hills. river. Do you kayak it? I want to get into landscapes as well... let me know when you are out and about and don't mind a tag all.
Cheers:
Don

Dave Mills
03-24-2010, 08:13 AM
Hi Paul, Nice job on this. You have a way of picking compositions out of areas many people wouldn't look twice at. The large tree acts as a strong anchor with the rocks leading your eye downstream. The trees act as a pleasing backdrop finally taking you to the opening downriver. Nice even lighting and well handled!

Robert Amoruso
03-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Image displays a quite luminosity. Quite lovely Paul.

I don't recall seeing this particular scene at HR when I have been there. Of course I could have walked right by it too. Or I might have been to busy with the easier bird pictures. :D

Do you mind sharing location if it is at all describable.

Roman Kurywczak
03-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Hey Paul,
Look at you taking the easy way out!!! Wonder if any of the Avain guys will wander down here to see us picking on them:D! I like this one almost as much as your other one......but not far off! This one is also outstanding as you kept just enough sky in there to get the look and feel of the place.....w/o it overpowering the scene. I'd really like to put one of the Avain guys who said this was easy....along with you .....just to see how they do!:eek: Still haven't seen one of them post yet!