PDA

View Full Version : Leopard mask

jameshaskins
03-23-2010, 02:36 PM
Another leopard - this time from Moremi, Botswana.

Tv(Shutter Speed)
1/250Sec.
Av(Aperture Value)
F5.6
Exposure Compensation
ISO Speed

Steve Kaluski
03-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Hi James

A different view point and the warm light & darks set the scene. I love the light only on the eyes with the rest just blending into the shadow areas.

Sadly the blue sky breaking through the foliage for me, is a distraction only because it 'stands out!' Although not ideal, I would try to address this if possible. I might also be tempted to crop tighter in, but not sure if the quality of the image will allow you to do so, as it already looks a little soft sadly.

BTW what was the lens and have you cropped quite hard into the image? Be good to know.

TFS
Steve

Alfred Forns
03-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Hi James Compelling image would try to fill in the blue areas, do attract attention in a big way !! Not a big fan of cloning large parts but would for this image, worth the effort !!! Unusual and great feel !!!

Austin Thomas
03-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Hi James,

Another vote here to remove the blue. It takes my eye away from the Leopard.
I like the dark surrounding and the way the eyes emerge from the darkness and I would crop tighter.

tfs

Austin

Todd Frost
03-23-2010, 06:42 PM
One more for removal of the blue. Very different image with great appeal. Would be worth the efort to bring this to the next level. TFS
Todd

Harshad Barve
03-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Lovely image , agreed with Steve K and others
TFS

jameshaskins
03-24-2010, 12:10 AM
Absolutely, left the blue to hear your thoughts - and agree to remove it!!. I have only cropped slightly but unfortunately only shot in jpeg so the quality of the image is poor so wont crop anymore or the sharpness of the leopard gets even more reduced.
This was shot few years back with the old 300D and 170- 500mm sigma lens - thats why the quality is not so good. Wish I had had better equip for this one cause the situation was so perfect!!

Sabyasachi Patra
03-24-2010, 06:13 AM
I like the framing. Agree about the blue sky. Slightly brighter would have been good. Too bad, it is in jpeg.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Ken Watkins
03-24-2010, 07:26 AM
Great shot the repost works really well!

How we all wish we had better equipment in the past I had the 170-500mm and understand what you mean by sharpness (or lack thereof)