Camera : Canon 50D
Lens : Canon 100-400L IS
Speed : 1/800 sec.
Aperture : F/7.1
ISO : 400

Taken at Jamnagar(Gujarat), India.

Kaustubh Deshpande
03-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Trivedi, I like the feel of motion in it. But 1/800 is not enough to freeze them. For action shots, its better to increase iso and get higher SS. This needs to be horizontal with room in front. Its tight at the back too. But I think you cropped it as there was another grebe in front. But there is a lot of negative space on top.

Daniel Cadieux
03-24-2010, 08:50 AM
Good action, but as mentioned looks a little soft (most importantly on the face). Odd choice of crop, personally I think it almost works...more than I expected from the thumbnail. As presented some trimming off the top would be good. Having said this I agree an horizontal presentation would have better but I suspect you wanted to eliminate some distractions left and right? I see a clone mark at bottom that needs tidying up.

Trivedi Vatsal
03-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Thanks every one. Actually At front there were bushes where the front one disappeared & at behind a bird on front which was out of focus & was very irritating in frame. I do have vertical frame which I'll post later. Yes I too agree about cropping up the above part. I was shooting them as they were resting over than & suddenly started running don't know why & I clicked. Frankly I wasn't aware about the shutter speed or ISO. Thanks a lot to both of you for your valuable advice. I'm fresher in this field & needs lots of guidance from experts like you all.