PDA

View Full Version : Lensbaby

Mike Moats
03-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Shot with composer and the macro kit.

Fuji S5, Lensbaby f/8

Desmond Chan
03-23-2010, 01:48 AM
Looks like I should give Lensbaby a try :)

For some reason the image appears smaller than usual.

Like the simplicity of the image. The pastel colors works very well, too. The only thing I think I'd like to see is a bit more room at the top.

Anita Bower
03-23-2010, 06:42 AM
lovely soft colors and focus and composition. wish ulc were not so dark. i, too have been thinking of a lensbaby. :)

Julie Kenward
03-23-2010, 07:46 AM
Mike, this is too funny...I was looking at the Lensbaby composer yesterday and saw the macro kit and was going to email you and ask if you thought that would be the best choice for me considering how I shoot my floral macros. I guess I got my answer without asking the question!

I might lighten that ULC a bit more leaving just a bit of the darker gray around the edges like it is in the rest of the frame. The flower itself is beautiful - exactly what I want to try and create. Guess I'm putting in my order today!

Roman Kurywczak
03-23-2010, 10:58 AM
Hey Mike,
The image is showing smaller than normal.....but we get the idea. I kind of like the darker ULC......gives the BG some texture and it looks good against the OOF lighter petals leading into it. Would be interesting to see for comparison though.

Markus Jais
03-23-2010, 02:29 PM
A simple and beautiful image. I like the effect of the lensbaby. The out of focus areas are great.

Markus

Vida van der Walt
03-24-2010, 02:09 AM
Lovely image Mike, albeit an itty bitty one.;):) Great comp and colours. How does a lens baby work?

Anita Bower
03-24-2010, 05:28 AM
Lovely image Mike, albeit an itty bitty one.;):) Great comp and colours. How does a lens baby work?

the lensbaby site has explanations and examples which might help you understand http://www.lensbaby.com/lenses.php