PDA

View Full Version : Minuartia spec

Markus Jais
03-22-2010, 05:11 PM
One from last year.
EOS 40D, 3.5/180L Macro, tripod, ISO 640, 1/200, f9
Have not yet figured out the exact id for this species.

I played a lot with this file and tried some extreme stuff like moving the clarity slider to the very left and increasing exposure by 1 stop to get a more artistic shot but in the end I liked the natural look of that one most.

Markus

Mike Moats
03-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Hey Markus, I like the details in the center area, good BG and like the position of the flower in the frame. A few hot spots in the white petals, but I think it works fine.

Julie Kenward
03-22-2010, 07:38 PM
I think you made a wise choice, Markus...it's beautiful! I think you've got a bit too much green though...I'd probably clip most of the right side off since the flower is leaning towards the left. I also think this would make a nice vertical comp as well.

I think if this were mine I'd probably clone out the water drops on the underside of the OOF petal on the right. I think that would help the eye go straight to the petal and drops next to it that are nicely in focus.

Anita Bower
03-23-2010, 06:45 AM
nice, simple image.

Ken Childs
03-23-2010, 08:21 AM
I agree that you made the right choice in keeping it natural. It's beautiful as is.

Roman Kurywczak
03-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Hi Markus,
The BG is very effective in showing off the bloom.....I'm torn on the bottom right bud near the stem.....but this has a nice oveall look to it as presented.