PDA

View Full Version : Fly

Grahame Hamblin
03-22-2010, 02:53 AM
D300 100mm macro twin flash sharpened cropped have some shadows under legs iso 200 shutter 250 i think would liked to have been lower angle

Mike Moats
03-22-2010, 07:52 PM
Hey Grahame, awesome details and nice angle on the body in the frame. I would take the time to clean out all the little white specs in the leaf. Very well done.

Julie Kenward
03-22-2010, 08:05 PM
Grahame, what aperture did you use? I'm wondering if stopping down a bit more would have gotten the back of the fly more in focus. It's still lovely as is - it's just so crisp at the front and with your overhead angle it would be nice to have the back in focus also.

Agree with mike to clean up the leaves a bit. Love those little fly feet! This is definitely a keeper!

Grahame Hamblin
03-23-2010, 04:03 AM
Thank you for the encouragement Have taken out most of white spots no sooner done and find more.F22 was set at this is max aperture

Ken Childs
03-23-2010, 07:57 AM
Hi Grahame, this is very well done. The details on the front half of this fly are great. My favorite parts of this image are the feet! :)

Roman Kurywczak
03-23-2010, 10:35 AM
Hi Grahame,
I agree with Mike and the others on the spots. I think the DOF is fine.....tough to get front to back tack....but another round of sharpening on the wings may help. As for the shaow.....especially with the D300....trying ISO 400......to allow as much ambient light as possible will further help minimize the shadow......trade off some SS also.....even more ambient light.....remember that the flash will freeze most movement....unless it is super windy!