PDA

View Full Version : Bisaran Valley ! J & K

Harshad Barve
03-21-2010, 10:07 PM
Dear all

Daring to post one more image:p. Will be heading to Laddakh this sept and is one of the greated place for landscape images. So before going there would love to learn most from experts here

Bisarar Valley , taken in J & K with D40x , 18-55 kit lens at 18mm, f8 , 1/250 , HH , FF
All C & C are most welcome and mcuh appreciated
Harshad

Dave Mills
03-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Hi Harshad, I like how you framed the composition using the river as a leading line and offsetting it. For some reason the log in the foreground is bothering me and if this were mine I would remove it. Secondly,what separates a good landscape from a great landscape is lighting. An earlier or later time of day would have added more drama to the comp...

Harshad Barve
03-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Secondly,what separates a good landscape from a great landscape is lighting. An earlier or later time of day would have added more drama to the comp...

100 % agreed

Roman Kurywczak
03-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Hi Harshad,
I've been know 2 move a few things......so the log is definitely 1 of them! I agree with Dave about the light.....different time of day ....as U realize....takes this 2 another level. Now....compositionally.....using your specs......moving left....using the rocks as a leding line and perhaps zooming in a touch or...including more sky if it is interesting at sunrise/sunset...eliminating the LH trees....would help this overall. The light plays a key factor in all landscapes.....this is what IMO makes it much more difficult than Avian/mamal photography.....you have a very brief window!
PS......James.....this renews our debate!

Kobus Tollig
03-23-2010, 03:39 AM
Great scene but agree on the comments made her

Robert Amoruso
03-23-2010, 10:16 AM
I agree better light would be great but you can't always be there when the light is right, even if you wait. WHen traveling, you take what you can get and Harshad did a good job with this one. Contrast is not too high though as is typical in this type of light, snow lacks detail.

First thing I saw that bothered me was that log on the FG. One other thing that would have been nice was if including more on the left that an opening from the trees to the image edge could have been made much like the right side.

Bob Miller
03-24-2010, 12:06 AM
Nice scene....i agree that the log has to go and better light would make all the difference!